Monday, February 26, 2007

Another Update

Went to the home church Sunday. It's interesting to walk in there after having served on the staff for almost ten years. It's still like people are so happy to see us when we are there. I know they don't yet understand that we're around to stay and may attend the church as a member. But the people are nice and their love for us is nice.

On another note this place still has a pink wall on stage. It drives me crazy because it is so ridiculous looking. Probably just a matter of taste.

Today was a really good day. I got a contract on my BA house. It was only on the market for 12 days! How cool is that! (Disclaimer...it's an awesome house, so the sale had nothing really to do with me - but it's still way cool to sell a house).

In our personal lives Diane is still dealing with the fibroid tumor. It has become a rather pesky situation as it has been "bleeding" or seeping for about three weeks. She's getting weak and is probably anemic (my opinion).

So that's life around our house these days. There are other things going on too - good things, some challenging things but definitely God is at work in our lives.

And that's the coolest thing of all.

B

3 comments:

Tim said...

Bob, Sorry to hear about Diane. We will continue to pray for her as we always do.
It was good to see you in church a couple of Sundays ago. Sorry to hear you dont like the lighting on the wall. Its strange that you seemed to have changed your mind about it though. I remember when I was working on it you said you liked it. Or maybe you just said that for my benifit?? Its funny though... I never would have expected you to go "whitfield" on us after you left.
Hang in there!

Tim

Collinsville Christian Church said...

Tim, it's not that I don't like the wall I just don't like the pinkishnish of the lighting. Great idea just needs more red in the mix in my opinion. And it is just an opinion - no big deal. I did like it a lot when you had the blues and yellows. Thought it was a nice mix.

Keith said...

Hey! I resemble that remark!!!

Nice to know that my name has become an adjective for "negative, gripey, etc." You get that way when an Elder says: "All you want to talk about is doctrine. Who the hell cares!" (Exact quote)

(Note to self: don't discuss doctrine in church. It's too divisive.)