Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I've Been Busy

You'll notice I haven't blogged in a while. It's no excuse, but I've been pretty busy! I've secured four contracts within the last six weeks and had my first closing. I think that's pretty good for a rookie agent.

In our family there are adjustments happening. We have a minor surgery coming up for Diane soon, so we're dealing with insurance and all that pre op stuff. It seems like the cars in our family have all chosen to rebel and break down at the same town. We have two down right now and just got one back from the shop. Ouch! Cars can be pricey!

On the church front, we know we're on a journey with God to somewhere. It feels weird and exciting and terrifying to be in this place. It's kind of like we don't "belong" right now to any church body we visit, thus making us feel like outsiders. And yet we know clearly that God is with us, guiding us and caring for us. Never before have I had to completely trust Him so much. It has been tough at times and amazing all the time. On the ministry front, I cannot believe the opportunities God is placing in front of me to minister to people. Seeing faith at a ground level of everyday life is so cool. God is good!

Some friends in my life have proved to be true blue through this change in our lives. Others have disappointed. New ones have emerged. It has been what you should expect I think.

In the world of Real Estate I have found lots of people who don't know God and who are living for the here and now - which is easy to do in Real Estate. And I've found believers who do not yet really get living their faith daily. And I've found those who do live their faith. But you know what else I've found that has been surprising? The support base has been incredible. Everybody in the field has been supportive and encouraging. I can ask "dumb" rookie questions of anybody in our office and find a friend giving good answers and advice. I am really enjoying have such support - it's something I have not had to this degree before. It truly makes being successful here (along with God's part) "doable."


So that's life for now. Talk to you soon.

Bob

No comments: